Learn How To Dominate The Major Scale On Guitar – Part 2 – 6/4 Form

Written by admin on April 29th, 2011

Hey all. Here’s the second installment in my “How To Dominate The Major Scale” series. If you haven’t yet, check out the first installment here it will explain the series. Check out the above video for a detailed explanation of the scale and use the scale diagrams below to help you work your way through it. As usual, if you have any comments, suggestions, or have used this particular lesson in your playing, please leave me a comment and let me know. I’d love to see and hear what you’ve done…:) Enjoy!

C Major Scale - 6/4 Form

C Major Scale - 6/4 Form

C Major Scale - 6/4 Form (alternate)

C Major Scale - 6/4 Form (alternate)

Sixth String Note Names

Sixth String Note Names

7 Comments so far ↓

1. John Horne says:

Nice lessons. Not to piggyback on your post too much, did you see this?

It’s sort of my take on how to put all this stuff together once it’s learned.

…and do I spy Barry Galbraith behind you?

• admin says:

Nicely done John. At a further date, I am going to also talk about the Cycle of 4/5th’s…and I like how you play all the keys in one position…a great way to really get to know your fretboard.

Yes…that is Barry looking over at me…I like his way of teaching and have all his method books plus some private scribbles somewhere…Do you have any of his books?

LR

2. mark hills says:

Thanks for an idea you sparked that I hadn’t given thought to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.

3. Walter Magnani says:

Thanks for this lesson i’m really finding that your way of teaching is sinking in and I’m actually getting to feel more comfortable with this material. Great stuff!

• admin says:

Thanks Walter. I’m glad you are finding these lessons productive…:) Take care and all the best.

LR

4. Peter E. says:

Great lesson. Looking forward to more when you got the time LR and TIA!